Oneida County, NY
The Town has had another busy summer. Our Highway crew has completed projects on French Road, Evans Road, Crowell Road, Frazer Road, and a lot of storm damage projects.
The New Solar Project is working great, producing twice as much as we use and getting credits for the winter months when the sun doesn't shine as much.
This summer has been busy doing repairs to our Highway Garage and Sand property garages.
The Town is on track for another good year budget wise and will give us some good options for the 2012 budget.
Ed Grogan our Superintendent of Highway will be leaving the Town on December 31st after 17years of service to our community. On behalf of all the people of Steuben, thank you Ed.
I am looking forward to a another good year and keeping our community moving ahead.
Thank you. Dan Carpenter
1. Second Thursdays of every month Town Board meetings starting at 7:30 pm.
2. Second Thursdays of every month Town Planning Board Meetings starting at 6:00 pm.
3. Seniors Meetings First Tuesdays and third Tuesdays of every month starting at 12:00 noon. Helen Lewis 315-865-5087
4. September 24, Grange Supper
5. October 1st, Relay Breakfast and Farmers Banquet
6. October 3, Historical Dinner
7. October 10, Church Luncheon
8. October 12, Flu Clinic, 1:30 pm to 2:30 pm.
9. The Steuben Players Dinner Theater, October 21, 22, at 6:00 pm and October 23 at 1:00 pm.
10. November 8, Election Day and Church Bake Sale.
11. November 12, Seniors Turkey Dinner
12. December 4, Church Christmas Party
Did you Know!
New York State: Song: I Love New York
Motto: Excelsior (Ever Upwards)
Insect: Nine-spotted Ladybug
What's happening in Steuben
Steuben says thank you to all our veterans and their families.
On Sunday August 28th at 11:30 am was the dedication of the new Veteran's Memorial site for all past, present, and future Veterans that serve our Country. The master of ceremonies was Matthew Grogan who completed the site preparation for the Memorial along with his Boy Scout Troop 55, for completion of his Eagle Scout project. Matthew thanked all who donated materials and hard work to complete this project. Representatives of the Leon Roberts Post American Legion, Remsen VFW and the Floyd Fire Dept. participated in raising of the American Flag. On behalf of all the people of the Town of Steuben I would like to thank Matthew and all who helped to make this project a reality. Dan
Note from our Town Clerk
Licenses Available at Town Clerk's Office
· 2011-12 Hunting & Trapping Licenses.
· 2010-11 Fishing, Hunting, and Trapping Licenses (valid ‘till Sept. 30, 2011).
· 2011 Recreational Marine Fishing Registration is valid to Dec. 31, 2011.
· NYS Marriage License (call for appt.)
· Dog Licenses (for dogs owned/harbored by Steuben residents).
· Handicapped Parking Permits
Town of Steuben Fees for Dog Licenses and building permits, etc.
$150.00 Home Building Permit
$50.00 Addition (Pole Barn, garage, etc.)
$100.00 Trailer Permit
$75.00 Complete Septic
$50.00 Partial Septic
$9.00 Spayed and Neutered Dogs
$20.00 Unspayed and Unneutered Dogs
Thank you. Have a great fall and enjoy the leaves.
Check us out. Please visit our Web Site: town.steuben.ny.us. There is information, pictures to look at, minutes, all permit applications, and events up and coming for our town.
Planning Board Members
Arnold Talgo, Chairmen
Terry Dean, Secretary
The Planning Board has been working on Stick Built Mobile home and Average Lot Size ordinance. The last final draft is completed and turn over to the Town Attorney for final review. It will be made available for public hearing at a later date.
The Inventory of Roads in the Town have been completed and a map of all Town Roads has been finalize and adopted by the Town Board and is available for the public to review at the Town Hall.
Still working on the comprehensive plan to maintain and preserve the rural characteristic of the Town.
Thank you, Ben Simons, Planning Board Member
Town Justice Information
Roger Maclaughlin, Town Justice. Court is every Tuesday nights at 7:30 pm and every 3rd Tuesday of the month is DA night and Court. Please call at 315-865-5508. Fax number 315-865-5522.
Pat Roser, Assessor. Hours Thursday 10:00 am to 2:00 pm. You can also call Pat at 315-865-5087 on Thursdays.
Assessments rolls, assessments, exemptions, maps, and parcel information available at the Town Hall.
Our Highway Dept. at work.
Shouldering and ditching roads.
Screening sand for winter.
Building new Jones Road Bridge.