Oneida County, NY
Meetings and Activities for 2011
1. Second Thursdays of every month Town Board Meetings starting at 7:30 pm.
2. Second Thursdays of every month Town Planning Board Meetings starting at 6:00 pm.
3. Seniors Meetings First Tuesdays and third Tuesdays of every month staring at 12:00 noon. Helen Lewis 315-865-5087
4. April 20, Church Luncheon at 12:00 noon
5. April 30, Fundraiser, Musical Entertainment at 7:00 pm.
6. May 7th Relay for Life Breakfast 7:00 am to 12:00 noon.
7. June 22, Strawberry Festival 4:00 pm to 7:00 pm.
8. August 27 and 28 Old Home Days.
9. The Steuben Players Dinner Theater, October 21, 22 at 6:00 pm and October 23 at 1:00 pm.
Did you Know!
Steuben's Population: 1,100
New York State: Flower Rose
Tree Sugar Maple
Fish Brook trout
I applied for and got a grant for a 8.28 KW Solar system to meet the needs of the Steuben Town Hall. This system will supply all electric needed, and will pay the Town for any excess.
Plans are still going on for our new veterans memorial site. The monument has been ordered and plans for the complete site are being drawn up so we can say thank you to our veterans and their families.
The Town was able to obtain 5 desk top computers to update our 10 year old system, at no cost to the Town. This system is faster and with more memory to serve us into the future. I would like to thank Gary Dubinsky from East Steuben for his help.
The Town Hall windows have been replaced with triple pane with argon and UV. The old windows were in for 25 years.
I believe our long term plan will keep the Town of Steuben with a good Highway program, equipment replacements, maintain and update our buildings while always trying to improve our services with no debt required.
Thank you. Dan Carpenter.
What's happening in Steuben
Supervisor, L. Daniel Carpenter--865-5087
Town Clerk, Christina Anken ---865-4737
Town Justice, Roger Maclaughlin -865-5508
Councilman, Troy Finn -----525-1902
Councilwoman, Janet Broadbent - 865-5657
Councilman, Leslie Dean -----865-4574
Highway Supt., Ed Grogan -----865-5259
Deputy Highway, Richard Burns --865-5336
Tax Collector, Linda Hayes ---865-4829
Assessor, Patricia Roser -----865-5087
Dog Control Officer, Patricia Scofield -826-7629
Historian, Francis Martin -----831-2823
Building Codes Enforcement Officer,
Robert Hoke, -827-4631
Director of Seniors & Town Hall Manager
Helen Lewis 865-4665
Cultural Advisory Dir., Hobart Kraeger -
Planning Board Chair, Arnold Talgo --
Assessment Review Board Chairman,
Hobart Kraeger --865-5755
Steuben Highway Dept., ------865-5259
Steuben Town Hall, -------865-5087
Steuben Town Hall Fax: ------865-8090
Town of Steuben 2011 Directory!
Town of Steuben has